Fanatics

NFLShop.com - Customized NFL Gear

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Boston Sports Media Fund Raiser ...



Boston Sports Media Memorial Day Mystery - I spotted this email from the Boston Sports Media Blog and thought I would post it for some good "Karma" and to publicize the good work.

It’s a really busy time for the BSMW household. We’re getting ready to move sometime in the next couple of weeks, and also preparing for the birth of our first child in just over a month. Things are pretty overwhelming in a number of ways right now.
I’ve found that in the last five years or so, I’ve accumulated a ton of books, videos and even shirts related to sports and specifically Boston sports that various entities have sent me to review or look at. The wife tells me there will be no room for a lot of this stuff at the new residence.
So I’ve come up with the following.. I’m a big fan of the site Woot.com, which occasionally runs a promotion called the “Random Bag of Crap” where you have no idea what you’re buying, and could end up with anything. I’m going to take this idea and use it here, as sort of a combination fund drive/clearinghouse.
The first 50 people to donate $50 or more to the site will receive a box of something. It might be worth more than $50, it might be worth much less. It might be one thing, it might be two things or more. It might be a book, it might be a video or a shirt. It might not even be sports related at all. I can tell you though, there are some real treasures to be found in here!
Items are all new or “like-new.” Books may have been read one time. Shirts never worn.

No comments: