"The school of thought that because you are informed and pay attention to what is happening in the country and the world around you means that everyone who comes to a different conclusion is not ludicrous (nor) counterproductive. Go out and vote your heart tomorrow and then accept the results, move on and respect winners, the will of the majority and the choices they made. We all deserve that and nothing less."
|USA! USA! USA!|
With that thought in mind on this Election Day 2012, I urge all American citizens old enough to have the right to vote to get far beyond the media filter, do your own research to make your own decision(s). I can't stand it when people take misguided and inaccurate statements from ill-informed media or ignorant fellow citizens who parrot inaccuracies. No generalities. Just FACTs. No lame drame, Just FACTS.
One such claim that I read and hear far too often, sometimes from erroneous political ads is -- "Oh, Obama hasn't done enough. Even former Private Equity Investor Mitt Romney made this statement (his exact words): "Almost everything he did hurt the economy." (That sir, is a false statement, an out-right lie and a conscious effort to mislead the voters).
Well, here is a (partial) list of some of the things accomplished - with my Top 10 and then a more "complete" partial list...
1. Recovery Act to begin to pull the economy together.
2. Auto Industry support - saved millions of jobs and turned the tide that would have very likely resulted in an all-out Depression.
3. American Opportunity and Pell Grants to help students and families fund college education.
4. Signed 18 tax cuts to help small businesses.
5. Healthcare Reform, an accomplishment no other President was able to do in 100+ years.
6. Healthcare act also stopped Insurance Co's from discrimination against some policy holders; helped insure and keep policies for those with prior/existing conditions. (17 million kids benefitted)
7. Overhaul of many Federal Govt regulations to save time, money, establish policy.
8. Investment in clean energy solutions.
9. Massive Wall St and Banking reform - to benefit the consumer not the Banks. (Championed by Senate Candidate Elizabeth Warren too)
10. Tremendous record as Commander in Chief, especially to support the Vets, serviceman and their families while taking key steps to eliminate Al Queda regime to bring 9/11 terrorists to justice.
So ... Strong International Policy (Foreign relations) - as he "began" to build back the USA rep to the world after what was absolutely LOST from 2000-2008 ... Equal Pay (Ledbetter Act), Consumer protection policy for the very people/corps who "broke" the economy and he fought for the Rights for Women (Reproductive healthcare issues; and so many, many more.... Please see: