Fanatics

NFLShop.com - Customized NFL Gear

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Smokin'

Some interesting jousting from CBS Sports.com's Ken Berger  in response to Mark Cuban's recent blog and appearance on CNN.

I will post this before putting my two cents in later this week.

Cuban's viewpoint and first graph from BlogMaverick:
I’m going to make this short and sweet. In the year 2011, I’m not sure I have a need for beat writers from ESPN.com, Yahoo,  or any website for that matter to ever be in our locker room before or after a game.  I think we have finally reached a point where not only can we communicate any and all factual information from our players and team directly to our fans and customers as effectively as any big sports website, but I think we have also reached a point where our interests are no longer aligned. I think those websites have become the equivalent of paparazzi rather than reporters.


And on CNN:


***

Berger lede in today's column:
When Mark Cuban drew swift and negative reaction with plans to re-evaluate media access to the Dallas Mavericks, it came as no surprise the billionaire owner refused to back down. Nor did it serve as a revelation that Cuban further stoked the debate with the kind of sensationalism and headline-mongering he criticized in the first place.    

For full column: click HERE

No comments: