Fanatics

NFLShop.com - Customized NFL Gear

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

In the NBA I trust ...

With the topic of the FBI investigation into NBA referee Tim Donaghy being ultra-sensitive, it is not my place to comment. I will say this: I have the utmost respect for the league, its officials, its referees and in Commissioner Stern. I truly believe in the integrity of the game.

Every single minute of my 26 years had that premise at the root. Everything, and I mean everything in the NBA flows from the game.

We all love the game and that is why we worked at it for nearly all our waking hours for 20, 25, 30, or in David's case, 40+ years. The integrity of the game was the backbone of our entire life at the NBA.

This has been strange. For the first time in 26 years, I am a 'fan' looking from the outside at the league address a major issue. The biggest issue the league has ever faced, no doubt. That has been very different for me. I do not want to be viewed as 'hanging on' or putting "my two cents in" where it no longer belongs. For that reason, it is important to watch it play out from the outside.

Here is an early AP report on Stern's press conference -

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2947237

No comments: