Fanatics

NFLShop.com - Customized NFL Gear

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Fantasy Belmont

I'll Have Another
Let's hope this doesn't jinx "I'll Have Another" - who'll be bidding for the first Triple Crown in 34 years.  I can remember when my Dad had Canonero II in his office pool and the upset winner of the Kentucky Derby went on to win The Preakness but fell short at Belmont.

I love horse racing and always have since attending a few races at the old Roosevelt Raceway (trotters and pacers) but then seeing the real deal at Belmont (I used to work at the Elmont restaurant, called Barney's Seafood Restaurant at the Elmont Bowlaire - about a 1/2 mile from the track.  We made an occasional trip to Aqueduct and later to Saratoga for The Travers or the final weekend of Saratoga racing and The Hopeful.  A few years later, it was on to Hollywood Park - near the Fabulous Forum in LA and a few years after that, to horse-racing paradise - Delmar!

Belmont will always be my favorite, especially around the paddock area and in the back where Sunday Silence is impossible with all the families and kids enjoying the park-like atmosphere.
Saratoga a close second in terms of family fun.  Delmar - by far - the most beautiful.

I'd love to get to see some racing in Ireland and England.  But, now, let's concentrate on The Belmont and June 9th.

Here's the simulation:



No comments: