Fanatics

NFLShop.com - Customized NFL Gear

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Slam "Junk" Contest?

These are the comments made by Toronto's DeMar DeRozan upon his return to his team after the NBA ASW.  He has a point and I agree with it.  I thought the Slam Dunk contest was a bit over the top with the choir and cars and all.  See his comments via an article by the Associated Press via ESPN.com:

Props Dept: Was on cll in LA
Asked Tuesday if he believes he was robbed when he didn't reach the final of the competition, DeRozan replied, "I think so."

Blake Griffin of the Los Angeles Clippers won by leaping over a car to edge Washington's JaVale McGee in the last round.
"I'm a dunker. Dunk contests, you go out there and dunk. I'm not into all the props and everything," DeRozan said at shootaround before Tuesday's game against Charlotte. "I try to come out with a creative dunk and do it and go from there. My fans liked it and you can see the reaction from a lot of people afterward.
 "If there's a dunk contest next year I'll do it. But not no prop dunk contest."

No comments: