Fanatics

NFLShop.com - Customized NFL Gear

Friday, September 7, 2007

Do you believe in Miracles? Yes.

So now, let me get this straight? Perennial footy champion Argentina now boasts the reigning Olympic basketball champs and an upstart World Rugby national team that upset France on its home turf in the very first game of the 2007 Rugby World Cup?

Now, that's what I call a miracle.

None of this one sport miracle stuff, like the 1980 USA hockey team or the '69 Mets, for crying out loud.

The start of the championship is interesting in that I did not see one blessed word written or mentioned in the US media. No ESPN. No TV, unless you take your Windows XP and dial up a $49.99 (US) package for broadband.

Why they can't support my nice MacBook Pro, I do not know?

Tune in over the weekend for a recap of the scene at Fiona's on First Ave for the Noon EDT game between the USA and England.

No comments: