Fanatics

NFLShop.com - Customized NFL Gear

Saturday, November 9, 2013

My Way Home ...

I just enjoyed a short business trip to Southern California. As I travelled from Boston to LA late this week, I remembered that the first day of my journey happened to be on the 22nd anniversary of the day Earvin "Magic" Johnson announced his retirement from the NBA because of the HIV+ diagnosis he was given after he took a physical for his life insurance policy.

Thank God, Earvin is doing very well today. While his playing career was cut short, he went on to two miraculous curtain calls with the '92 NBA All-Star Game (one of my fondest memories) and with the '1992 USA Basketball Dream Team at the Barcelona Summer Olympic Games.

The rest is history. (My prior post noted the news reports).

So, now I'm up early and happy to be heading "home."  I don't take "home" for granted.  None of us should ever, ever take home for granted because sometimes, some of us -- well -- just can't find their way home.

Note Eric Clapton, Steve Winwood, of course, Derek Truck, on rhythm guitar no less, along with drummer Doyle Bramhall.  The video was shot at Clapton's Crossroads festival in 2007.  In 2011, Bramhall passed away in his sleep at the age of 62.



Gotta Go! Time to pack up and head home.


No comments: