Fanatics

NFLShop.com - Customized NFL Gear

Friday, June 29, 2007

The first day of the rest of your life ...

JUNE 29 - My buddy, Spy, called to ask the question and state the phrase, "So, how are you doing on the first day of the rest of your life," he said with his trademark smirk and wit about him. "It feels pretty good," I said.

The day was busy, as I stayed at the Westin in Times Square and packed up, checked out and hailed a cab for home with no fanfare. It was time to pick up the kids from camp, get them home, then meet up with another good friend who I have know for decades.

A lifelong friend, Tom, was driving from the afternoon Mets at Phila Phillies game up to Yankee Stadium with his son, Conor, and another friend, Claude. They ran into some serious traffic on the Friday rush hour on the NJ Turnpike, and were delayed and pretty tired by the time we met up at the Stadium.

It was good fun and a great way to celebrate my day.

No comments: